Skip to main content
UC San Diego Library Catalog
Search for books held by the UCSD Library (including e-books). You also search by title, author or subject, or use the full library catalog for more options.
- Keyword searches will bring back more results than title searches.
- From Roger, you can limit your searches to electronic materials, including ebooks.
- To truncate a word, use an * (spectr*)
- biomass biofuels is the same as biomass AND biofuels. If you want biomass OR biofuels, include the 'or.'
- Search results are displayed by relevance first, then by date. You can change this to sort by date.
- If you find a book you like, note the subject headings. Click the links to find more titles.
- Note the book's location and availability.
- If it's checked out, use Request to have the book recalled, or search Circuit to see if there's an available copy at another San Diego library to request.
- If you see >> Go to electronic version in the record, most of these are links to get to an e-book.
- Don't use Roger to search for journal articles. However, you can search for journals by title.
Key E-Book Collections for Science & Engineering
More subject specific ebook collections are listed on their associated subject guides (for example: mathematics, computer science and electrical engineering). NOTE: We have most of the books the in these collections, but not all of them.
Springer E-Books Collection
40,000+ Springer ebooks in the sciences, social sciences and humanities. Most from 2005 to date, with earlier coverage for some series. Many books can be purchased for $25.
Wiley E-Books (Wiley Online Library)
Online access to many Wiley science and engineering e-books. Browse titles here
. If you search on the Wiley site, look for titles with "open" locks. [2011 to present, plus selected pre-2011 titles]
Elsevier, Academic Press, Butterworth-Heinemann, Morgan Kaufman, Woodhead, and Newnes ebooks in science and engineering. [2014 to present, with heavy selected coverage of earlier years]
E-book collections for sciences and engineering. Exceptionally strong in engineering, math and statistics, environmental science, and biomedical sciences. Some collections (including chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, nanotechnology) weren't licensed until 2017, but some of these books are in the collections we licensed prior to 2017.