Skip to main content
Welcome to the UC San Diego Biomedical Library
Everything I Need to Know About the UC San Diego Libraries
What does UCSD have?
How can I make copies of articles or books (book chapters)?
- Use our photocopies - your ID card is your print card
- Better yet, bring a thumb drive and do a digital copy
- Scan the article or book chapter on our scanner
Can I Access "It" from Home?
- Browser based - Proxy set up
- Entire computer covered - VPN set up
- Web VPN - a bit tricky to use, but can be a handy tool - use "Easy Connect." Do not use for PubMed.
What if UCSD does not have what I need?
- Use interlibrary loan (ILL) and ask us to get a book or copy of an article from an other library.
- UC-eLinks - easiest - use the Request It link when working in a database
- Citation Linker - a good starting point when you have a specific citation and don't know if we have it
- ILL form - if you know we don't have it, you can just enter the info into our online form
Find more library details at Get Started!
A Quick Review -- Scholarly Articles
Medicine often has different research resources than is typical in the legal field. The key resouces for research are "scholarly articles" - most likely peer-reviewed, too. You are familiar with this type of literature but may not have articulated what it really is. For a quick refresher, check out Scholarly Articles.
UC San Diego Library Catalog (Keyword Search)