Skip to main content
If you see Embargoed until [date] or Full text available after [date], the author chose to delay the public release of their dissertation until that date. Your best option here might be to contact the author directly.
UC San Diego Dissertations
UCSD dissertations may be found in print, online (or both), and even audio or video recordings.
- Check the Roger record for that dissertation or thesis to determine location and online availability. Many of the online dissertations will have this in the record:
- ProQuest. Restricted to UC IP addresses - Available in ProQuest Dissertation and Theses, and access is similar to that of any of our, with VPN required if off campus.
- eScholarship - Available in the eScholarship, the University of California open access repository. This copy can be read or downloaded by anyone, on or off campus.
- Most print dissertations and theses are stored in the Annex. You can use the Request link in the Roger record or our Annex request form to have it delivered to the library.
Search for Dissertations and Theses in the Library Catalog
All UCSD dissertations and theses are cataloged in Roger.
- If you know the author or title, search accordingly.
- To search by topic, include dissertations and UCSD in your keyword search. For example: ucsd dissertations wireless networks. To refine your results to a specific department, program or discipline, select a record and click the Genre/Form link. You will likely see variations for the department or discipline name. See Dissertations -- UCSD -- Theater as an example.