1. Organize your paper around a clear problem -- and formulate the problem through exploratory reading in the anthropological literature.
2. After you have selected a problem and become acquainted with some of the literature on it, make a well thought out and fairly detailed outline.
3. A term paper should be conceived of as a whole. It should have thematic unity and an integrated structure.
4. Write with your readers in mind. Be clear and explicit so that they can follow your argument. Be concise and yet complete.
5.The paper should reflect the theme of the course.
6. Revise, Rewrite and Proofread!
7. Save your files often and make multiple backup copies.