This guide is for those who need help with their research projects. Below are a few basic research tips. For a more detailed library and research FAQ click here. For help with more specific kinds of sources, click on the blue tabs above.
For a guide to online primary sources, click here.
- To connect to UCSD databases from off-campus use these services.
- To see online reference books like dictionaries and encyclopedias, click here.
- To connect to the UCSD wireless network with your laptop, follow these instructions.
- To use a printing account and your laptop to print in a lab, click here.
- To photocopy, and to print from library computers, use your UCSD ID.
- To be able to use all library services, set up your My Library Account.
- To see when the libraries open and close, check the library hours.
- To see what your instructors have put on Reserve, click here.
- To get materials not available on campus, find out about Requesting Books & Articles.
- To create an online bibliography of your research, take a workshop or set up an account on