It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
provides voting records for representatives and senators, information about presidential candidates, directories of state legislator, campaign finance information, and reference documents such as such as the Constitution, the U.S. Government Manual, and How Our Laws are Made
United States election voting reference works with downloadable elections data. Covers the American voter, to major and minor political parties, actual races for Congress, the Presidency, and governorships. Election data can be downloaded in csv or tsv and earliest date of coverage varies by office: President (national summary: 1789; county detail: 1920); Senate (national summary: 1908; county detail: 1968); Governor (national summary: 1824; county detail: 1967); House (national summary: 1824; district detail: 1968). More details in the CQ Libguide
House election data in Excel from 1992 to present, broken down by Congressional District and County.
- Candidates - candidate names and party ballot listing per state
- Vote Data by State - summarizes vote totals by state for each candidate - with boundary file information (fips)
- Vote Data by County - vote data for all counties of all states plus DC - with boundary file information (fips)
- Vote Data by Town - vote data for New England towns (ME, MA, CT, RI, VT, NH) - with boundary file information (fips)
- Graphs - pie charts for each state and national total.
- Party - data sorted by strength at the state level for the major parties.
- Statistics - page of statistics includes closest states, max, min, counties, etc.
- Data Sources - a list of data sources used to compile the spreadsheet.
The Center for Responsive Politics provides information on campaign funds raised and spent by presidential and congressional candidates, lists of donations by state, economic sector, industry and interest, and top contributions.