Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get help when you need it. Check out the options.
Download Zotero & Connector
What do I Need to Install?
To use Zotero you will need to install:
- The desktop application.
- The connector for your preferred browser so you can add citations to your Zotero library. The connector is available for Chrome, Firefox, & Safari.
To make your library portable and available via the web, take a minute and create an online Zotero account so you can sync your library.
1. Download Zotero Software
- Go to Zotero.com & download Zotero for type of computer you have.
- Add the Zotero Connector browser extension to Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
2. Install the Software
- It is best to close MS Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint and even Outlook.
- Find the download file and open it. Follow directions for installing the software.
What Should I See if I Installed to Connector?
- Macs should see a simple Z by the address bar.
- Windows should see a paper or folder icon off to the right after the address bar.