What do I Need to Install?
To use Zotero you will need to install:
- The desktop application.
- The connector for your preferred browser so you can add citations to your Zotero library. The connector is available for Chrome, Firefox, & Safari.
To make your library portable and available via the web, take a minute and create an online Zotero account so you can sync your library.
1. Download Zotero Software
- Go to Zotero.com & download Zotero for type of computer you have.
- Add the Zotero Connector browser extension to Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
2. Install the Software
- It is best to close MS Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint and even Outlook.
- Find the download file and open it. Follow directions for installing the software.
What Should I See if I Installed to Connector?
- Macs should see a simple Z by the address bar.
- Windows should see a paper or folder icon off to the right after the address bar.