Skip to main content
The library does not have comprehensive records of all units on campus. In many cases, the best place to find information about a campus office's activities is on that office's website. (See "UCSD/UC Campus Information" page on this guide.)
Be sure to check out the Coronavirus-specific guide we created for your class, too!
Exploring Library Collections
Start with Roger, the library's catalog.
- The catalog lists and describes (and points to online full-text, when available) materials in the library's collections, including San Diego government publications, campus publications, archived websites for campus and the city, films, videos, and much more.
- Check out this broad subject search for University of California, San Diego, which will give you a sense of the material you'll find about UCSD. Note that this search groups similar materials together under sub-headings, such as "Buildings Environmental Aspects" and "Student Housing."
- The library does have a rather large collection of San Diego government publications in print format. These are located in the West Wing of the main floor. To find items of interest in this collection, use the advanced search feature of the library's catalog. Enter your keywords in the boxes at the top of the page, then scroll down and click "local" in the "Government Publications" box.
Library Digital Collections
You may also want to review the library's Digital Collections.
- Includes digitized student newspapers, campus news releases, oral histories, and other historical content.
- You can do a keyword search of the digital collections, or browse by a topic. (Tip: you may find it easiest to browse by topic, then use the alphabet bar and scroll to find "San Diego," "UCSD," "University of California," or other topics of interest.)
- You can also go directly to the UCSD History section of the digital collections to browse that content.
Tell Us How UC It
- Includes a timeline of historical and more recent events on campus. Developed "to foster and contextualize conversations regarding incidents targeting specific underrepresented groups on our campus."
UCSD Racial Tension Spring 2010 Web Archive
- A collection of news articles, videos, and blogs reporting on and reacting to a series of racially-charged incidents that occurred at UCSD, especially an incident in Geisel Library, in Spring 2010. Some articles detail actions taken by student groups and the University to address campus climate and diversity-related concerns following the events.
- This collection is gathered by the UC San Diego Library, and preserved and made available via the Internet Archive's Archive-It service. Researchers may wish to browse and search other sites preserved with Archive-It either by UC San Diego or other schools and organizations.
UC San Diego Archived Websites
- A searchable collection of archived UC San Diego websites, including those documenting campus administration and news, the various colleges' websites, and selected departmental and programmatic pages, including the Stuart Collection and Women's Center.
Online Archive of California
- Describes primary source collections maintained by libraries, archives, historical societies, and museums throughout California and collections maintained by the 10 University of California campuses.
- Includes photographs, documents, letters, artwork, diaries, oral histories, films, advertisements, musical recordings, and more. Items digitized and contributed by all 10 campuses of the University of California and other institutions in California.