There are two ways to get references into Endnote Web.
Start by creating an account with the instructions on the left side of the chart below. Then..
1. Follow the instructions on the right side of the chart OR
2. Follow the written instructions in the right column of this page
Instructions on creating a bibliography/reference page are below, along with instructions for installing Cite While You Write for Microsoft Word.
The Cite While You Write plugin for Microsoft Word allows you to add the citations you've put into your Endnote Web account into your paper while you are writing it. It can also automatically format your bibliography.
This is what the ribbon will look like in Word.
How to download Cite While You Write:
1. After you've logged into Endnote Web, go to the Downloads tab
2. Follow the instructions to download Cite While You Write
How to use:
1. Click on the Endnote tab
2. When you're ready to insert a citation into your paper, click Insert Citations
3. Enter the author's last name into the search and choose Insert. It will add the in-text citation as well as the full citation for your bibliography.
Be sure to always double check ALL your citations.
*Note that this option does not usually capture the full reference information. It is better to use the other options to the left.
Download Capture Reference
Use Capture Reference
It will now show up in your My References in Endnote Web
1. Put the articles you would like to be included in your bibliography in a folder
2. Hover over Format and choose Bibliography
Save, email, or preview and print