Skip to main content
PubMed & Web VPN Issue
PubMed is working with the webVPN again. However, if there are any problems that prevent it from displaying correctly, you can use the tips below to overcome that problem.
What to Do if PubMed Won't Display Properly
PubMed is a database that is available for everyone, and even the special UCSD version with UC-eLinks does not require VPN to use. What you will need the VPN for is when you want the full-text of the articles you found in PubMed. The following steps, albeit, a bit clunky, will let you search PubMed and get to the full-text.
- Without web VPN, go to UCSD's PubMed.
- Run search.
- If you want more than one or two articles and don't want to have to keep stopping your search for each full text article you want, send articles to the Clipboard so you can collect what you like and then pursue full text once you have everything selected. (See tutorial on main PubMed page, if needed.)
- Click the title of the article so you see the abstract of article.
- Click on the UC-eLinks button.
- Copy the URL (web address) of UC-eLinks from the browser's address bar.
- Bring up new browser tab or a new window - login to web VPN (vpn.ucsd.edu).
- Paste URL in the home page address box.
- You will either get the full-text or the UC-eLinks menu that will have the online & print links as well as the Request It link.
Ask a Librarian
Get help when you need it. Check out the options.