1. Start with UC Library Search, the UC San Diego Library catalog.
2. If you don't have an author or title, start with a keyword search. When you discover useful resources from a keyword search take a look at the subject headings in the catalog record. Those subject headings are hyperlinked and will take you to related materials.
Sample subject headings:
3. Try using an * to replace the ending of your search terms for maximum results,
For example, a search for chin* taoi* would include
Other sample search terms include,
Additional Search Tips
1. If an item is labeled [electronic resource] it is likely an ebook and can be accessed online. If you are working off-campus you will need to connect to the network.
2. Take note of the item's location, Annex? SRLF? those items are housed offsite and will need to be brought in.Use the Request button to page the book.
3. Try searching in Different Collections
For electronic books, try UC Press or ACLS Humanities e-Books
You can also search Google Books