|Where to Find Dissertations and Theses|
(1) In Roger, the library catalog.
|(2) Use the database Dissertations and Theses to find dissertations at UCSD and other institutions.|
|(3) Don't see the one you need, request it via Interlibrary Loan.|
If you don't see either of these icons in a library database:
Use this icon:
It will automatically search for the full text of an article.
It may open up the article automatically, or you will get a menu of options to get the article (either a full page or a side menu):
- Choose any of the links to get the article online, if available
1. Go to the Google Scholar homepage and click in the top left corner of the screen.
2. Choose Settings or the in the top right of the menu.
3. Select Library Links from the left-side menu.
4. Search for University of California, San Diego.
5. Mark check box next to this option and Save.
When you search for articles, you will now see an extra column with additional links on the right. Where you see UC-eLinks, you may click it to view the UC-eLinks menu from which you can get the full text through the library databases. From this menu, choose whichever online option is available.
(Note: If you are not logged into the VPN (see home page of this guide), when you choose an article, you will be asked to log in with your UCSD username and password)