Microfiche Collections in Geisel Library
The UC San Diego Library owns a significant number of older technical reports on microfiche. These can be found in cabinets located in the Geisel Library west wing on the second floor. Some of these reports are part of the federal government documents collection and may be found by searching UC Library Search. However, many others are not listed by title in our online catalog; for these, please see the lists below of reports we own.
The following collections of microfiche are located just before the XEX microfiche cabinets. The majority of the reports are arranged by either AD or N accession numbers assigned to the reports. Others are arranged by the report number.
- We have over 2800 reports organized by AD#.
- AD stands for ASTIA Document. ASTIA (Armed Services Technical Information Agency) is the former name of the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC). These reports generally range from 1966 to the mid-1970s.
- We have over 2100 reports organized by N#.
- N numbers assigned by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Examples are N64-02345 or 94N23544, where the first two digits indicate the year of the report. These generally range from 1966 to the late 1970s.
- We have over 600 NASA reports.
- These are organized by Call # or by NASA report #. The majority of these documents are Technical Memoranda (TM), Contractor Reports (CR) and Technical Translations (TT), with smaller numbers of Special Publications (SP) and Conference Publications (CP). These generally range from 1966 through the mid-1990s.
- We have over 1400 EPRI reports organized by EPRI report #.
- EPRI is the Electric Power Research Institute. Reports generally range from the 1970s and 1980s.