Skip to main content
Summer 2020 Librarian Support
For Research Consultations, Reference Assistance, and Ebook Purchase Recommendations for Summer 2020.
Off-Campus Access to Journals, Ebooks, and Databases: Use AnyConnect VPN. When logging in, select the 2 Step Secured - althruucsd option (click to see an example). Duo two-step login also required.
- I can also help with VPN/remote access troubleshooting.
- On campus? Use the UCSD-Protected wifi network.
I created this guide to support your CHEM 6C capstone assignment for Dr. Brydges.
- Resources to help you find information relevant to your chemistry/sustainability topic: articles from scholarly journals and popular magazines, as well as books, encyclopedias, news, and websites. If you need more, consult the main Chemistry Research Guide.
- Research concepts - What is meant by scholarly or "peer-reviewed" articles, and are these different from articles in a trade or popular magazine?" What are primary and secondary sources, and why is it important to know when to look for one or the other? How does a published article get disseminated and become discoverable? How do you tell the difference between research and review articles?
- Search strategies - How to take your research question and generate the best keywords for your online searching, along with the best ways to improve the search results for the most relevant articles.