Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Multidisciplinary Databases - Cover All Subjects
Web of Science
- Covers scholarly/peer-reviewed journals in all subjects, heavy in science and engineering.
- No full text articles within the database, but easy to link out to the articles.
- Can easily limit to review articles by using the Document Type filter and selecting Reviews
- Easy to see what articles were cited in your article, and which articles cited your article.
- Also indexes books and conference proceedings.
Academic Search Complete
- Covers scholarly/peer-reviewed journals AND popular sources like magazines and newspapers. Can limit results to one or the other.
- Many article are full text within the database. Use Get It at UC to find the articles elsewhere.
- Cannot limit to review articles unless you add "review" to the search. This should give you some review articles, but also research articles that just happen to use the word.
UC Library Search
will update shortly
- Full text searching of scholarly sources, primarily journal articles.
- May retrieve articles not found in other databases due to full-text searching.
- Often brings retrieves thousands of articles, along with related and/or citing articles.
- Filtering and sorting options limited, but the Advanced Search can help to improve results (and/or, exclude words, limit to searching article titles, etc).
Core index to the biomedical literature (5,300+ journals). Consider searching PubMed for any topics in medicine and related topics (including environmental health).
Similar to Academic Search Complete (popular and scholarly, some full text), but with a focus on environmental topics.
One of the core indexes of the chemical literature, indexing journals in chemistry and related subjects. You can also search by chemical substances (names, structures, reactions). NOTE: An individual username and password is required to access SciFinder. Link to instructions for registering for a SciFinder account
Materials Science & Engineering Database
Database that focuses on materials science topics. Some full text, and good coverage of trade publications as well as scholarly articles.
Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
Similar to Materials Science & Engineering Database, but covers environmental and aquatic sciences. Good for air/climate topics.